Smoked Oyster Po'Boy
Want a dangerously delicious sandwich that will take you longer to eat than to whip up? We did too. So we made this Smoked Oyster Po'Boy with the awesome smoked oysters available in the Seafood Box.
For the sandwich:
- 2 hoagie bun, split almost through
- 1 tin smoked oysters
- 1 head lettuce, try romaine, butter, green leaf, or gems lettuce, shredded
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 2 dill pickles, thinly sliced
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced black pepper for the sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 dill pickle, finely chopped
- 2 tsp cayenne hot sauce
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika salt and pepper
Mix all the sauce ingredients together in a bowl, season with salt and pepper to taste To assemble, toast the rolls briefly in the oven to crisp up. Generously coat both sides with the sauce. Layer the tomatoes, oysters, lettuce, pickles, and onion on the sandwich and finish with a grind of black pepper. Top with extra hot sauce as needed.